The Purchasing and Inventory Control Technician is responsible for the purchasing, inventory control and management of the inventory of materials for UDAP Industries, Inc. and affiliated entities.
- Sources and Purchases supplies, materials, and parts for the company. Secures approval from General Manager for purchases in excess of the limits established for the position.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, prices, buyers, and delivery conditions to anticipate future material availability.
- Maintains inventory database, QuickBooks Enterprise (QBE) for supplies and materials, including part numbers. Responsible for the integrity of the inventory records in QBE.
- Negotiates and completes contracts with vendors for optimal cost and delivery times.
- Reviews purchase orders and contracts for compliance with company policies.
- Collaborates with sales, customer service, and logistics departments to maximize efficiency in the purchasing and inventory control department.
- Communicates with suppliers to resolve problems that may arise regarding delivery, quality, price, or conditions of sale.
- Purchases fixed assets within purchasing limits set by the General Manager
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to purchasing and inventory control with a goal to maximize efficiency and optimize workflow.
- Applies inventory control, cycle counting and associated methods to ensure accuracy of the physical counts and the records in the company’s QBE accounts.
- Analyzes past sales and purchasing activity to facilitate material purchases and production forecasting.
- Regularly communicates with major customers to ensure they have sufficient quantities on hand
- Responsible for the Inbound and Outbound functions of the Company.
- Willing to assist in the other activities of the business to ensure the success of the Company, including administrative, manufacturing, bookkeeping or other tasks as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and ethics when dealing with vendors, co-workers, and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to effectively train others.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, as well as inventory software.
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks.
Education and Experience:
- At least two years of buying or purchasing experience required.
- Minimum of two years experience with an inventory management software, preferably Quickbooks Enterprise.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field with coursework in purchasing and/or inventory control management.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds at times.
- May be asked to travel to visit vendors or different company locations.
UDAP Industries, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package including 401K, Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, as well as bonuses. Salary is dependent on experience.
Send Cover letter and resume to: pe*********@UD**.com